Safety Resources for Lawn Care Companies
Save significantly on your workers' compensation premium by joining the Ohio Lawn Care Association workers' compensation program administered by CareWorks Consultants, Inc. (CCI)
We partner with CareWorks Consultants to deliver the most significant cost savings to our members. CareWorks Consultants embraces a results-oriented approach that fully integrates safety prevention and risk control with aggressive claims management to deliver a significant return on investment. The Ohio Lawn Care Association and CareWorks Consultants can analyze your company to determine the BEST workers' compensation premium-saving program for you.
- GROUP RATING - CCI's group rating program is the only plan endorsed by OLCA. In 2012 the program's estimated return on investment averaged 443% and over $340,000 in premium savings.
- GROUP RETROSPECTIVE RATING - This program offers premium savings projected as high as 83% and can be a great alternative for companies unable to qualify for traditional group experience rating.
- DEDUCTIBLE PROGRAM - This program offers discounts (up to 77%) on premium rates in exchange for accepting a specified deductible amount.
- 100% EM CAP - Companies becoming penalty rated for the upcoming policy year can have increases to their Experience Modifier (EM) limited, or capped, at 100%, thereby limiting rate and premium increases.
- OTHER ALTERNATIVE RATING & DISCOUNT PROGRAMS - Drug-Free Safety Program, One Claim Program, Safety Council, Salary Continuation, and others.
- SELF INSURANCE - Companies pay compensation and medical costs directly for work-related injuries avoiding escalating reserves and premiums charged by the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation. CareWorks Consultants serves more Ohio self-insured employers than any other third party administrator.
As a result of their best-in-class service, CareWorks Consultants has consistently maintained a 97% retention rate - one of the highest in the industry. Put their team to work for you. For a no-cost, no-obligation program analysis, contact CareWorks Consultants' Shawn Combs, toll-free, at 800-837-3200, ext. 7264, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OSHA Quick Card 2017 - Protecting Workers from Heat Stress
- Insurance Compliance for Ohio Lawn Care Licensees - Spring 2016
- IMPORTANT STEPS TO TAKE When a Workplace Injury Occurs - Fall 2015
- WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CLAIMS: Strategies for Optimal Outcomes - Spring 2014
- Summer Heat-Related Illnesses
- Group experience and group retrospective safety program requirements
- 2012-13 Group Rating Safety Accountability Letter
- BWC's Y&-CY13 Guidelines for Group Rating Two-Hour Safety Training
- MCT-approved SH-2 FY13
- Group Retrospective Rating Program, An Alternative Savings Option